NASA Prints The Full set (all 14)
Available with or without Bird&Bee’s original Antique Oak Picture Hanger Frames – all at a discount of 33%.
NASA’s Voyager mission took advantage of a once-every-175-year alignment of the outer planets for a grand tour of the solar system. The twin spacecraft revealed details about Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune – using each planet’s gravity to slingshot them on to the next orbital destination. Voyager set the stage for such ambitious orbiter missions as Galileo to Jupiter and Cassini to Saturn. Today both Voyager spacecraft continue to return valuable science from the far reaches of our solar system.
NASA has produced vintage stylized travel posters for real ExoPlanets! These high quality, canvas, archival prints with custom made antique oak hangers will look stunning in your living room, kitchen, bedroom or anywhere in your home home!
Images Courtesy NASA/JPL
BRIEF SYNOPSIS OF ALL 14 DESTINATIONS:
The Grand Tour was a NASA program that would have sent two groups of robotic probes to all the planets of the outer Solar System. It called for four spacecraft, two of which would visit Jupiter, Saturn, and Pluto, while the other two would visit Jupiter, Uranus, and Neptune.
Ceres (dwarf planet) is the largest object in the asteroid belt that lies between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter. Its diameter is approximately 945 kilometers, making it the largest of the minor planets within the orbit of Neptune.
Earth is the third planet from the Sun, the densest planet in the Solar System, the largest of the Solar System’s four terrestrial planets, and the only astronomical object known to harbor life. It’s also home!
Enceladus is the sixth-largest moon of Saturn. It is approximately 500 kilometers in diameter, about a tenth of that of Saturn’s largest moon, Titan.
Europa (Jupiter II), is the smallest of the four Galilean moons orbiting Jupiter and the sixth closest to the planet. It is also the sixth largest moon in the Solar System, Europa was discovered in 1610 by Galileo and was named after Europa the legendary mother of King Minos of Crete and lover of Zeus (the Greek equivalent of the Roman god
HD 40307 g is an exoplanet orbiting in the habitable zone of HD 40307. It is located 42 light-years away in the direction of the southern constellation Pictor. The planet was discovered by the radial velocity method, using the European Southern Observatory’s, HARPS apparatus
Jupiter is the fifth planet from the Sun and the largest in the Solar System. It is a giant planet with a mass one-thousandth that of the Sun, but two and a half times that of all the other planets in the Solar System combined.
Kepler-16 (AB)-b) is an extrasolar planet. It is a Saturn-mass planet consisting of half gas and half rock and ice and it orbits a binary star, Kepler-16, with a period of 229 days. It is the first confirmed, unambiguous example of a circumbinary planet – a planet orbiting not one, but two stars.
51 Pegasi B – The first exoplanet discovered around a sun-like star. It is about half the size of Jupiter and orbits its star in about 4 days. 51 Pegasi b made us question what we knew of our universe and launched the search for new worlds.
Kepler-186f (also known by its Kepler Object of Interest designation KOI-571.05) is an exoplanet orbiting the red dwarf Kepler-186. It is about 560 light-years (171 parsecs, or nearly 5.298×1015 km) from the Earth. It is the first planet with a radius similar to Earth’s to be discovered in the habitable zone of another star.
Mars is the fourth planet from the Sun and the second-smallest planet in the Solar System, Named after the Roman god of war, it is often referred to as the “Red Planet” after Mercury. Mars is a terrestrial planet with a thin atmosphere, having surface features reminiscent both of the impact craters of the Moon and the valleys, deserts, and polar ice caps of Earth.
Titan is the largest moon of Saturn. It is the only moon known to have a dense atmosphere and the only object in space other than Earth where clear evidence of stable bodies of surface liquid has been found.
PSO J318.5 is a rogue planet, an extrasolar object of planetary mass that does not appear to have a host star. It is approximately 80 light-years away, and belongs to the Beta Pictoris moving group.
Venus is the second planet from the Sun, orbiting it every 224.7 Earth days. It has the longest rotation period of any planet in the Solar System and rotates in the opposite direction to most other planets. It has no natural satellite.
Our giclée printed canvases are a 260gsm fine weave and printed using fine pigmented HDR Ultrachrome, archival inks that will last 100+ years. They will NOT scratch, fade, rip, crease or smudge and are protected by a thin waterproof invisible coating. They are reproduced using the latest technology and are true to the detail and colour of the original plate. They are available in 6 standard sizes and are developed to work perfectly and look beautiful with our Antique Oak picture hangers. Quite simply, stunning!
STANDARD PRINT SIZES AND ACCOMPANYING HANGER DIMENSIONS
• A4 | 210×297 mm | 8.3×11.7 inch | Portrait: 230mm oak hanger with bespoke antique brass label
• A3 | 297×420 mm | 11.5×16.5 inch | Portrait: 320mm oak hanger with bespoke antique brass label
• A2 | 420×594 mm | 16.5×23.4 inch | Portrait: 440mm oak hanger with bespoke antique brass label
• A1 | 594×841 mm | 23.4×33.1 inch | Portrait: 615mm oak hanger with bespoke antique brass label
• A0 | 841×1189 mm | 33.1×46.8 inch | Portrait: 860mm oak hanger with bespoke antique brass label
• A00 | 1189×1682 mm | 46.8×66.2 inch | Portrait: 1220mm oak hanger with bespoke antique brass label
• An elegant, traditional alternative to expensive picture frames.
• Made of solid oak with self-locating strong n52 magnets.
• Comes with antique brass picture label holder and bespoke latin label
• Hangs in seconds, lasts for years. reuse with any print.
• No tools required • Full instructions inside
Artfully made in our workshop in Sheffield using solid English oak, aged to look the part on any drawing room, kitchen, study or bedroom wall. Your solid oak hanger is weighted perfectly to ensure your print hangs perpendicular to the wall. The brass fittings include a brass ring and brass knurled picture nail ~ providing a traditional look and feel. The waxed cotton cord is strong, durable & perfectly inconspicuous. We use the finest self~locating magnets to ensure a strong, permanent hold without damaging your artwork ~ ready to hang straight away. Can be reused for years to come.
WHAT YOU GET WITH THE HANGER OPTION
Comes ready to hang with the following included:
• 14 x Canvas Giclée Prints in your chosen size
• 14 x sets of Antique Polished English Oak hangers for the top and bottom of your print.
• Each pair self-locates with each other using strong Neodymium N52 disc magnets imbedded in the oak.
• Antique Brass Label Holder centred on the lower rail for each print.
• 14x Bespoke Ivory Label depicting title and artist.
• Traditional waxed cotton cord already attached.
• Antique Brass split ring ready for hanging.
• 14x Brass Knurled Head Picture nail.
• Full Instructions & care
• Bespoke Protective Packaging
1. Remove the packaging & separate the top pair of hangers (the pair with the hanging cord) by sliding them apart.
2. Place the length with the cord behind the top of your print and place its paired length onto the front ~ the two will snap together and self-locate.
3. Now do the same at the bottom of your print with the base pair, keeping the length with the brass picture label at the front.
4. Use a pin hammer to gently knock in the picture nail in the wall, at your chosen location.
5. Hang on the wall & straighten the print inside the magnetic hangers at the top & bottom to suit the border of your image.
Resplendent in appearance; stand back and admire your handy work. A blank label card is included for personal use.
Orders are sent out once a week on a Tuesday. So, if you order on a Tuesday night it will be dispatched on the following Tuesday with your chosen Shipping method.
MADE IN SHEFFIELD, UK ~ A NORTHERN POWERHOUSE